Saturday, May 23, 2009

1976

I don't quite have the words to express how flawless this album is. This is the jewel of the Dio, Ritchie Blackmore union and in my opinion the best Rainbow line up. Cozy Powell is an absolute monster on drums and Tony Carey's keyboard skills are unparalleled. Straight forward neo classical hard rock from an era where singing about wizards was not tainted with irony.Every track on this album is great and the two ending epics Stargazer and Light in the Black defy the whole Led Zeppelin catalog. A couple of weeks ago a friend said.... "Look a rainbow". I was excited until I realized he was just talking about some shit in the sky... And I just noticed on the bottom lefthand side of the cover, there is a dude watching that hand grab the rainbow.. I bet he was FREAKED!!!... Rainbow should totally sue Skittles.

CLICK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment